What to Know About Virtual Case Management?
Conducting legal work online without face-to-face contact has become paramount to the justice system. However, it can be a challenge to make the switch to a 24/7 virtual case management system. Luckily, Talty Court Reporters is here to help. We work with law firms across the San Jose, CA area, helping them implement creative solutions to make their jobs easier. Our software not only offers you convenience but also provides your clients with the streamlined legal services they deserve. We’re glad to answer any questions you may have about virtual case management.
What Is Virtual Case Management?
At Talty Court Reporters, 24/7 virtual case management encompasses a wide range of services meant to give our clients flexibility and convenience during their work week. Thanks to our system, you won’t need to rely solely on paper documents and an in-house database. Instead, we’ll make your information available on any desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone without compromising security. We work to make offering litigation services easier for legal professionals across the region.
How Do Case Managers Communicate with Clients?
Our virtual case management system allows for convenient communication with both clients and staff. This system allows you to share calendars, schedules, and invoices with anyone who needs the information. The team at Talty Court Reporters can help you decide which communication solutions to incorporate.
What Are the Advantages of Virtual Case Management?
Virtual case management comes with numerous advantages both to you and your clients. Our services are designed to make your life easier and your client’s experience more streamlined. While convenience is the main draw of virtual case management, you’ll also enjoy these benefits:
- Organization: Few things are more frustrating than a drawer of organized files. Fortunately, our system allows you to organize your documents down to the letter.
- Efficient Communication: Case management software allows you an easier means of communication with your staff and clients.
- Hands-Off Billing: When you’re working overtime on a case, the last thing on your mind is sending an invoice. Luckily, our case management system can take care of billing as well.
- Keep Track of Important Dates: As trial and deadlines approach, it’s crucial to keep track of these important dates. With an all-inclusive case management system, you’ll be better able to record deadlines, boost productivity, and ensure everything on your to-do list is taken care of.
How Can I Create a Successful Virtual Hearing?
Adequately preparing for virtual hearings is a reality of today’s legal system. Fortunately, our virtual case management software can make planning for these hearings go much smoother. Not only does our system allow for better communication with your staff and clients, but it also ensures that all the important documents remain at your fingertips. Here are our tips for holding a successful virtual hearing:
- Check Technology Beforehand: It’s crucial to ensure that everything is in working order before the hearing begins. Make sure your client has also double-checked their internet connection.
- Make Documents Accessible: The last thing you want during a virtual hearing is to fumble around for the relevant documents. Our case management software makes it simple to have essential files on hand at all times.
- Plan to Troubleshoot: Even the best computers can lose internet connection, so it’s essential to plan for technical issues ahead of time. Always have a plan B if your client experiences tech problems.
What Other Services Do You Offer?
The team at Talty Court Reporters offers an array of services to law firms throughout San Jose, beyond virtual case management. Over the years, we’ve come to be trusted for the following:
- Transcription services
- Deposition services
- Court reporting
- Notary services
- Meet room reservations
- Legal video services
- Document depository and reproduction services
Get in Touch with Talty Court Reporters
Nearly any legal firm can benefit from 24/7 virtual case management services. If it’s time to implement these solutions at your place of business, don’t hesitate to reach out to Talty Court Reporters. We’re glad to hear more about your needs and recommend uses for our innovative system. Contact us today with questions about virtual case management.